The Government’s Crown Commercial Service has started the mega bid race for a recording-breaking Government works framework.
The vast public works framework will be available for use by central Government departments and all other public sector bodies, including local authorities, blue light services and devolved bodies.
It is the first time a construction works framework has been drawn up for this scale of project pipeline.
It follows the award of professional services and infrastructure consulting engineer frameworks finally awarded to consultants last year after long delays.
If taken up by major Government clients it would supersede a mass of frameworks presently in operation bringing to an end significant procurement duplication in England.
CCS Construction Works and Associated Services
- Lot 1a: Minor building works (regional sub lots) (£0k – £3m) – £3.5bn
- Lot 1b: Minor civil engineering works (regional sub lots) (£0k – £3m) – Total value £1.5bn
- Lot 2: Construction Works and Associated Services (£3m – £10m) – £4bn
- Lot 3: Construction Works and Associated Services (£10m – £30m) – £4bn
- Lot 4: Construction Works and Associated Services (£30m – £80m) – £4bn
- Lot 5: Construction Works and Associated Services (£80m +) – £3bn
- Lot 6: Residential – £2.25bn
- Lot 7: High rise resi (regional sub lots) – £2.5bn
- Lot 8: Maritime – £1.5bn
- Lot 9: Airfields – £750m
- Lot 10: Demolition – £3bn
- Lot 11: Construction management – £250m
The anticipated framework duration will be up to 48 months with a possible extension to this period by three further years.
Interested firms have until 15 March to submit prequals.
A bidders conference will take place on 8 February. In order to participate in the event bidders must register their interest via the construction mailbox.
The bid pack can be accessed from the CCS website.